Are you a stakeholder in a private/independent school? Does your congregation operate a school? The James Company is co-sponsoring a valuable webinar series titled Transform Your Learning Spaces: Why and How to Start. Focused on design and construction for Independent Schools, this 3-session webinar will provide valuable insights for school leaders and stakeholders who may be considering the possibility of a school building expansion/renovation project in the near future.
The educational landscape is ever evolving. Learning happens in many ways, and no longer is the classroom constrained by four walls. Today, learning is found throughout a school from unique collaboration areas, student commons, library media centers, or any place a student or two can gather and work. In this three-part webinar, we will explore how learning environments have shifted over time and the steps that can be taken to rethink how your spaces reinforce a student’s learning journey to develop themselves as a complete person.
Experts from Plunkett Raysich Architects, LLC, C.D. Smith Construction and The James Company take a deep dive into what it takes and where to start for independent schools to seize this opportunity. You’ll walk away with actionable insights from industry experts, including:
Session 1: “Understanding Today’s Learning Environments and Why”
May 10, 2023 at 12:00pm CT
- Learn how the evolution of education has impacted teaching spaces
- Learn about new spaces that have evolved to support twenty-first century learning
- Learn about new ideas to support student social and emotional growth
- Learn about the unique opportunities for Independent Schools (to exploit differences)
Session 2: “Defining Your Vision and Where to Get Started”
May 17, 2023 at 12:00pm CT
- Learn about the architectural phases
- Learn about the importance of your unique characteristics that define your institution
- Learn how to develop a project based on organizational and educational goals
- Learn about the importance of aligning the project with a financial pro forma
- Learn about the importance of project communication for funding
Session 3: Building Your Vision and What’s Next
May 24, 2023 at 12:00pm CT
- Learn about the construction process and importance of communication
- Learn how to maintain communication to build community momentum of support
- Learn about debt retirement and maintenance fund strategies
There is no charge for this webinar. REGISTER HERE!
Fred Stoltz, Sr. Program Director
The James Company