…to begin planning for your fall Annual Appeal!
If you are a congregation or nonprofit that traditionally conducts a fall Annual Appeal, now is the time to begin preparing for it.
The planning process can be tricky, for sure, particularly during this liminal space (transitioning between not-in-person to in-person) we are in because of the pandemic. The good news is that you don’t need to be a project management expert – or sacrifice a panic weekend at the last minute – to plan a successful Annual Appeal.
Here are 7 simple (but effective) steps to begin taking now:
- Explain the reasons for conducting an Annual Appeal to your Church Council or BOD, define goals, and get initial buy-in
- List out goals, define your OKRs ( Objectives and Key Results) and outline your approach
- Craft a detailed timeline including tasks/dates/names of key leaders
- Define the roles, responsibilities, and resources to employ
- Define the communication and check-in process for volunteers
- Plan for it not going totally as planned
- Getting to “The Kick Off” – Now your panic weekend has been saved and you’re prepared for a productive launch and appeal
If you would like a complimentary one-hour consultation about questions you have about preparing for your Annual Appeal, respond to this email with your contact information to set up a time.
John V. Clark, President/Partner
The James Company