As we all have discovered, the pandemic changed the course of our churches and nonprofit organizations. We are still figuring many things out, but if there is one thing we have learned it is that we emerge stronger and renewed by focusing forward.
Focusing forward is more than just a statement. Bold words are easy, it’s bold actions that matter.
Our focus at The James Company is no different. Focusing forward for us in 2023 includes a number of “core commitments” (as opposed to New Year resolutions). We will:
- Listen harder than ever in order to shape creative, impactful solutions that meet the aspirations of those we serve;
- Stand behind our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by investing in a culture that is welcoming, inspiring, and meaningful;
- Amplify our commitment to innovation, challenging the status quo by taking leaps toward the future of generosity, and then bringing our learning to every client engagement;
- Affirm digital and new technology as a core competency in today’s philanthropic environment, using technology to make connections, teach, and tell deeply human, impactful stories of shared impact;
- Live out our core commitments as a group by serving our clients and the world by living our values and committing ourselves to continuous improvement and innovation.
As all of us articulate our aspirations and core commitments at the beginning of 2023, may we be determined to ensure our focus is forward for the people and causes we serve, and for the world we seek to make better. This will make for a bright future!
John V. Clark, President/Partner
The James Company